Monday, June 19, 2006

You can't take the sky from me...

I think Firefly is probably the best show that's aired on TV in the last 5 years.

Sci-fi, with a western feel, funny as all hell, characters that you love and feel for...Fox TV didn't know what the hell to do with it, so they put it on at 9PM on Fridays, sealing its fate...and after airing about a dozen episodes, Firefly was cancelled.

When it appeared on DVD, I grabbed it, and have lent it to at least 6 people, every one of which thought it was amazing.

I've now hooked my girlfriend Alex on it. One episode is all it took. Her first comment was "I can't believe they cancelled this!" after about half of the pilot.

Seven and counting...No power in the 'verse can stop me...


Take my love...take my land...
Take me where I cannot stand...

I don't care, I'm still free...
You can't take the sky from me...

Take me out to the black,
Tell 'em I ain't comin' back...

Burn the land and boil the sea,
You can't take the sky from me...

There's no place I can be,
Since I found Serenity...

But you can't take the sky from me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home